We are now entering our 3rd week of goodbyes. It's really just been a good excuse to catch up with friends and family who we haven't seen for a while or just another reason for a piss up with our London mates.
It's been strangely upsetting and also really draining. Not that I didn't think I'd be sad but I guess I really didn't think a year was that long really, but it proves the importance of friends and family in your day to day life and how we all take it for granted a lot of the time.
It's obviously quite different saying goodbye to family compared to friends. When it comes to friends I've had some brilliant nights out, starting on the isle of Wight for a girls weekend, which was unknowingly perfectly timed with the start of Cowes week. Cowes week for you mainlanders out there is where posh people go to flaunt their money whist wearing striped polo shirts and deck shoes. But for islanders it's the place to go as it offers new pop up bars to hang out, and a great atmosphere. I caught up with people I hadn't seen since school as well as my girl friends. Then last week our mates, who we met through iris, as well as other London friends gave us 2 great send off dos which totaled 20 hours of drinking and culminated in a
stolen wallet, projectile vomiting and very sore heads, all together petty successful I'd say.
On the family front, as expected it's been emotional. We've seen both our families more in the last 3 months than we would normally in an effort to make up for the time we will lose but in fact it's made saying goodbye harder. We are currently in Yorkshire for a final long weekend with Gregs parents, and next weekend it will be my turn. Let's just say I think there will be tears all round. But it all comes down to the fact that this is just something we need to do for us and I think all agree it's best to do it now.
So here goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment