Friday, 9 September 2011

Land of the Inkas

We touched down this morning at 6.30am and had a very smooth journey, with spare seats around us on both flights - despite the lack of private TVs in each head rest was dissapointing, the food made up for it -from korma flavored crisps to burger , chips and creamed spinach which was bloody good.

It was pretty daunting stepping out into the arrivals area with loads of faces offering us taxi rides. I had the warnings about muggings and stop and grab issues with taxis from the lonely planet guide, read on the plane, swimming around my head. But our short and friendly faced driver appeared through the crowd holding up a ´GREGORY CHARLES´ sign and my apprehesive face turned into a smile (and a bit of a laugh as it sounded so posh).

After a quick nap at our clean and friendly hostel, and a very hot shower that I wasn´t expecting, and that Greg spent 30 minutes in, we headed out. Again I had my money and cards strapped to me under my clothes and didn´t dare take my camera out as I was so nervous, but it was absolutely fine.

Lima seems ok to me, perhaps a little bit soleless, but the sea front is pretty cool, with amazing views of the Pacific ocean.

We also saw a park of stray cats - Park Kennedy, there were literally hundreds - everywhere you look - weird. Greg is getting stared at everywhere we go, we think it´s becuase most locals have never seen a ginger person before, but I also think it´s because they think he is the devil, as they seem to be in awe of him too, and very polite. I´m liking being by his side! Oh, and a pack of Tuna in the supermarket called ´Fanny´, very inappropriate we thought, just not very appetising...

Catch a bus tomorrow to Paracas, where apparently we will get shit on by loads of cool birds, should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment